The following publications are a selection of papers, presentations and posters written and presented by PDP staff. Other publications will be added to the database as they become available. If you have a specific request for a PDP publication please contact us.
- J Feltham, A.Khan. 2017. Land Treatment – Operating in an Era of Tightening Regulations. Prepared for the Annual Conference of the New Zealand Land Treatment Collective 2017.
- J. Leslie, H Easton, et al. 2017. Stormwater Pond Surveying: Why Prove When You Can Ping. Prepared for Water New Zealand’s Stormwater Conference 2017.
- A. Bowmar, H. Easton and S. Speed (AC), 2016. Creating future resilience in Auckland’s stormwater ponds. Presented at the Water New Zealand 2016 Stormwater Conference, 18-20 May, Nelson.
- A. Mackenzie, M. Robyns. 2016. Bayly Road, detailed site investigation. Prepared for the Taranaki Regional Council, February 2016
- D. Kim, C. Mountfort and A. Khan, 2016. SBR retrofit after midwinter liner rupture. Water New Zealand Annual Conference and Expo 2016.
- J. Feltham and D. Irvine, 2016. Minimising nutrient loss – where best to tweak. Water New Zealand’s Annual Conference & Expo 2016
- R.M. Seyb, G.R. Strayton, R. Coles, 2015. Stormwater discharge by soakage in the Auckland region. The 2015 Asia Pacific Stormwater Conference.
- S. Patterson-Kane, & A. Brough, 2015. Impacts on stormwater management arising from subdivision modifications during development. The 2015 Asia Pacific Stormwater Conference.
- B. Noell, 2015. Seismic performance of plastic pipe systems in 2010/11. Water New Zealand Conference 2015.
- H. Easton, M. Robertson, J. Court, 2015. Diesel exhaust fluid – understanding a future stormwater contaminant. Asia Pacific Stormwater Conference 2015.
- G. Strayton, A. Pattle, M Eynon-Richards and N. Geor, 2015. Waste not want not – A unique industrial waste disposal facility. 12th Australia new Zealand Conference on Geomechanics.
- B. Throssell, L. Edwards and C. Hewlett, 2015. Floor levels above the 2% flood event – are they high enough? Asia Pacific Stormwater Conference 2015.
- A. Khan, B. Throssell, D. Irvine, 2015. Management of nitrogen leaching levels as compliance limits for land treatment of wastewater. New Zealand Land Treatment Collective Annual Conference 2015.
- W. McKenzie, 2015. When the Defence Force calls. Published in Water NZ, July/August 2015. Page 38 – 41.
- E. O’Neill, 2014. Pressure sewer applications in commercial developments. Water New Zealand’s Annual Conference & Expo 2014.
- S. Pearce, R. Dobbs & G. Gillard, 2014. Improving Coal Resource Utilisation – A New Zealand UCG Initiative. AusIMM Conference 2014.
- R. Dobbs, S. Pearce, G. Gillard, N. Crampton & A. Pattle, 2014. Deep Groundwater Characterisation and Monitoring of a UCG Pilot Plant. 2014 AusIMM Conference.
- W. MacKenzie, R. Docherty, 2014. Waiouru sewage treatment plant upgrade. Implementing Reform. Water New Zealand’s Annual Conference & Expo, 2014.
- P. Callander, et al, 2014. E. coli contamination in “secure” groundwater sourced drinking water supplies. Water New Zealand’s Annual Conference & Expo 2014.
- B. Noell, 2013. Flexible polyethylene pipelines for seismic resilience. Water New Zealand Annual Conference & Expo 2013.
- R. Brunton & A. Brough, 2013. Restoration of Stormwater Infiltration Basin Performance. South Pacific Stormwater Conference & Expo 2013.
- D. Bradley, 2013. Use of Major Ion Ratios and Saturation Indices to Determine Mine Inflow Sources in Central Victoria, Australia. New Zealand Hydrological Society Conference 2013.
- R. Brunton & B. Veendrick, 2013. Irrigation Demand and Supply: The Benefits of Using an Integrated Model Approach. New Zealand Hydrological Society Conference 2013.
- B. Noell & R. Meek, 2012. A Day in the Life of an Earthquake Sewer Recovery Operation. Ingenium Conference 2012.
- C. Mountfort & R. Bax, 2012. Group Consultation For a Wastewater Discharge Consent Avoids Hearing. New Zealand Water & Wastes Association Conference 2012.
- A. Khan & D. Irvine, 2012. Discharging Wastewater Into Morrinsville STP – When Managed Trade Waste Discharge Really Does Matter. New Zealand Water & Wastes Association Conference 2012.
- R. Docherty & W. McKenzie, 2012. Minimising Environmental Impact Through a Targeted River Discharge Approach. New Zealand Water & Wastes Association Conference 2012.
- K. Christensen, B. Throssell & C. Crutwell, 2012. A Risk Management Framework to Assess and Mitigate the Scour and Erosion Risk to a Section of the Midland Railway Line. NZHS Conference 2012.
- J. Sanson & H. Lough, 2012. Investigation of Lake/Wetland Interaction at Lake Coleridge. NZHS Conference 2012.
- B. Savoldelli, P. Namjou & A. Pattle, 2012. Sustainable Water Takes in the Mt Wellington – Mt Smart Aquifer. NZHS Conference 2012.
- P. Callander, H. Lough & C. Steffens, 2011. New Zealand Guidelines for the Monitoring and Management of Sea Water Intrusion Risk on Groundwater.
- P. Callander, H. Lough & C. Steffens, 2011. New Zealand Guidelines for the Monitoring and Management of Sea Water Intrusion Risk on Groundwater [Spreadsheet]
- A. Khan, 2011. Managing Conflicting needs in BNR Treatment of High Strength Nitrogenous Effluents. Water New Zealand Annual Conference 2011.
- A. Khan & D. Irvine, 2011. “Dispose and Forget” Never Works with Land Treatment Systems. NZ Land Treatment Collective Conference 2011.
- R. Jayaratne, R. Seyb, M. Martindale & J. Shuang Li, 2010. Constructed Wetland Design Practices and performance: An Overview. Water New Zealand Stormwater Conference 2010.
- G. Proffitt, 2010. Contaminated Land Practitioner Accreditation: What would work? WasteMINZ Annual Conference 2010
- P. Namjou & G. Proffitt, 2010. Modelling Effects of Proposed Masterton Land Based Effluent Disposal Scheme on Receiving Environment, Masterton, New Zealand. Water New Zealand Conference 2010.
- B.C. Harding; A. Pattle; M.G. Harris & G. Twose, 2010. Groundwater Response to the Dewatering of a Volcanic Vent. IAEG Congress 2010.
- B.C. Harding; A. Pattle; M.G. Harris & G. Twose, 2010. Groundwater Response to the Dewatering of a Volcanic Vent. [Presentation Slides] IAEG Congress 2010.
- D.D. Irvine & A. Khan, 2010. Control and Optimisation of a High Strength Nitrogen Industrial Wastewater BNR Plant. Water New Zealand Annual Conference 2010.
- H. Lough; A. Brough; R. Oudshoorn & P. Molony, 2010. Reinjection of Construction Dewatering Water at the University of Canterbury. Water New Zealand Annual Conference 2010.
- C. Rowe, 2010. Zero Discharge of Great Barrier Campground Greywaters. NZ Land Treatment Collective Conference 2010.
- C. Rowe & K. Sky, 2010. Oamaru Bay Coastal Land Disposal – A Retrospective. NZ Land Treatment Collective Conference 2010.
- L. Chrystall & A. Rumsby, 2009. Mercury Inventory for New Zealand 2008.
- A. Rumsby, 2009. Trace Elements in the Sediment of Waikato West Coast Estuaries
- B. Veendrick & N.F.D. Ward, 2009. Hydrology, Irrigation Demand and Supply: An Integrated Modelling Approach Using MATLAB. WaterNZ Conference 2009.
- M. Pennington, 2009. “Not-Modelling” for Stormwater Around the Kaikoura Alluvial Fans. WaterNZ Conference 2009
- M. Pennington, J. Melanson 2009. Amberley Floods – July and August 2008. WaterNZ Conference 2009
- R. Lidgard & G. Proffitt, 2009. Marfell Park, New Plymouth, Environmental Investigation.
- B. Harding & C. Hovey, 2009. Understanding Hydrochemical Processes for Resource Evaluation and Planning in a Limestone Aquifer. NZHS Conference 2009.
- M. Clyde & G. Proffitt, 2009. Audit of the Remediation of the former Fruitgrowers Chemical Company Site, Mapua.
- A. Rumsby, 2008. Significance of Arsenic in Sediments of Lake Rotoroa (Hamilton Lake). Waikato Regional Council Technical Report TR 2011/18.
- N. Crampton, K. Sky & F. Eakin, 2008. Natural Attenuation of Chlorinated Ethenes in Groundwater: Key Findings from 8 Years of Monitoring. WasteMINZ Annual Conference 2008.
- H. Davies, 2008. A Guideline on the Use of Soil Compositing in Contaminated Site Investigations. WasteMINZ Annual Conference 2008.
- B. Harding, G. Strayton, A. Pattle, X. Captain & G. Ockleston, 2008. Auckland’s Stormwater—Increased Disposal Issues. NZWWA Stormwater Conference 2008.
- A. Khan, 2008. Silver Ferns Farms—Finegand meat processing effluent treatment plant upgrade. NZWWA Water & Wastes Journal. Issue 157, November 2008.
- A. Khan & N. Crampton, 2008. Loss of Support From Below—Failure of Wastewater Treatment Lagoon. NZWWA Conference 2008.
- A. Rumsby & N. Kim, 2008. Are Urban Lakes Contaminated Land? New Zealand Trace Elements Group Conference 2008.
- A. Rumsby, 2008. Trace Element Enrichment in Sediments of the Lower Eastern Firth of Thames. New Zealand Trace Elements Group Conference 2008.
- R. Seyb, M. Lindgreen, I. Mayhew, G. Ockleston, R. Ouwejan, 2008. Developing Contaminant Management Priorities in Auckland City. NZWWA Stormwater Conference 2008.
- A. Khan, G. Pearson, S. Selvarajah, 2008. Meat Processsing Effluent Treatment Plant Upgrade – Consents to Commissioning. NZWWA Conference, 2008.
- G. Proffitt, J. Cavanagh, J. Court & H. Ellis, 2008. Development of a National Methodology for Risk-Based Human Health Soil Guideline Values for Contaminated Land Assessment. Waste Management Institute New Zealand Annual Conference 2008.
- P. Callander & C. Steffens, 2007. Land Use Activities to Enhance Groundwater Availability – The Eyre River Recharge Trial. New Zealand Hydrological Society Symposium 2007.
- D. Irvine, 2007. Land Application of Biosolids – Managing Nitrogen. Land Treatment Conference, 2007.
- A. Anderson & S. Paulsen, 2007. Evaluation of Bacteriological Data from Southern California Watersheds. New Zealand Hydrological Society Conference 2007.
- M. Clyde, 2007. UK vs. NZ—Contaminated Land Management Practices. WasteMINZ Annual Conference 2007.
- A. Khan & D. Irvine, 2006. Phosphorus Removal from Meat Processing Wastewater: Innovation in Process Design. NZWWA 48th Conference & Expo 2006.
- P. Namjou & A. Pattle, 2006. Post-Audit of a Numerical Groundwater Flow Model Developed for Britomart Transport Centre, Auckland, New Zealand. NZWWA 48th Annual Conference & Expo 2006.
- R. Ouwejan, R. Seyb, G. Paterson, M. Davis, I Mayhew, P. Kinley & B. Sharman, 2006. Source Control or Traditional BMPs? An Assessment of Benefits and Costs in Auckland City. NZWWA Stormwater Conference 2006.
- A. Khan, 2006. Soil Water Repellency: Problems for Fibreboard Effluent Irrigation to Pumice Soils. Poster Presentation NZWWA Conference 2006
- P. Namjou et al., 2006. The Integrated Catchment Study of Auckland (New Zealand): Long Term Groundwater Behaviour and Assessment. World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2006, Omaha, Nebraska, USA, 2006
- P. Namjou et al., 2006. Groundwater Behaviour in a Fractured Basalt Aquifer under Existing and Future Climate and Land Use in Auckland City (New Zealand)
- G. Strayton, P Namjou A. Pattle, P. Kinley, M. Davis & G Paterson, 2005. Sustainability Assessment for Stormwater Soakage in Auckland. 4th South Pacific Conference on Stormwater and Aquatic Resource Protection, Auckland, New Zealand. 2005
- P.F. Callander, M. Thorley, H. Lough, H. Williams, M. Kininmonth & B. Henderson, 2005. Groundwater Flow Modelling for Groundwater Quality Assessments in Christchurch City. New Zealand Water and Waste Association Annual Conference 2005.
- A.K. Brough & R. Eastman, 2005. An Experience of Designing and Installing an Infiltration Basin in Christchurch. The 4th South Pacific Conference on Stormwater and Aquatic Resource Protection.
- R. Docherty & R. Owen, 2005. Sewage Treatment and Disposal Options for Linton Army Camp. NZWWA 47th Annual Conference & Expo 2005.
- R. Seyb & E. Shaver, 2005. Developing Stormwater Source Control Policy: Exposed Metal Roofing in Auckland. The 4th South Pacific Conference on Stormwater and Aquatic Resource Protection.
- G. Knoyle, A. Beard & B. Henderson, 2004. Petroleum Hydrocarbon Contamination Incident at Christchurch City Council Groundwater Pumping Station. New Zealand Water & Waste, 2004.
- G. Knoyle & H. Davies, 2003. Accounting for the Potential and Actual Costs Associated with Environment Canterbury’s Pest Depots and Other Sites. WasteMINZ Annual Conference 2003