Waste landfills are complex engineering facilities with sensitive environmental and community issues. The costs of achieving and maintaining regulatory compliance are significant. Because not all landfills/waste facilities are the same; at PDP we provide comprehensive solutions for developing and managing a range of waste types, from municipal to industrial mono-type wastes to mine tailings.
Given the nature of wastes there is always potential risks associated with their disposal. The assessment of these risks, both in terms of safety and the environment, often result in a solution unique to the waste type and disposal facility within the constraints of the environment, both natural and economical. At PDP we focus on solutions that fit the project challenges using risk assessment techniques to produce objective focused results.
Services that we provide:
- Investigation of municipal refuse, wood waste and hazardous waste landfills, cleanfills and mine tailings
- Site suitability and risk assessment
- Geological, geotechnical and groundwater programme investigations
- Design of landfill and waste facilities including cells, liners and caps
- Landfill engineering
- Leachate management and treatment
- Stormwater management
- Design of monitoring programmes
- Preparation of landfill management plans
- Management of resource consent applications
- Provision of expert evidence for regulatory hearings
- Management of public consultation programmes