PDP has ecologists and environmental scientists who can undertake marine and freshwater ecological assessments, to meet the requirements for Assessment of Environmental Effects and compliance for resource consents.
Services that we provide:
- Ecological Effects Assessments to support resource consent applications
- Baseline monitoring
- Compliance monitoring
- Macroinvertebrate sampling (marine and freshwater) and water quality assessment
- Fish surveys and translocations
- Stream Ecological Valuations
- Mitigation solutions to meet regulatory requirements
- Seamless integration of ecological assessments with design and engineering aspects of projects
AEE and Ecological Effects
- AEE to support consent applications under the District and Regional Plans for earthworks, streambed disturbance/occupation and surface water diversion associated with raising a stopbank in north Auckland. Included ecological assessment of effects of mangrove and salt marsh removal and development of a best practice works methodology to minimise environmental effects.
- Completeness check for ecological aspects of AEE of a major new motorway in Wellington region to ensure compliance with RMA requirements.
Monitoring and Compliance
- Ecological Assessment of stream in Tekapo catchment including macroinvertebrate and water quality sampling to support an AEE for an on-going discharge of treated wastewater.
- Ecological effects monitoring, consent application and assessment of intertidal ecosystems following removal of 13ha of mangroves in Auckland.